Invest NI recently held a VAT, Excise and the Northern Ireland Protocol.
We have attached a copy of the slides and provided a link below to allow you to view a recording of the session.
Recording: Click here
There are other events in this virtual EU Exit Workshop series. You can find out more and register now at investni.com/prepare-for-eu-exit/eu-exit-events.
HMRC has supplied the following useful links which may help you:
- Changes to accounting for VAT for Northern Ireland and Great Britain from 1 January 2021
- Accounting for VAT on goods moving between Great Britain and Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021
- Check if you’re trading under the Northern Ireland protocol and what to do
- How VAT will apply for goods imported into Northern Ireland from outside the UK or EU
- How to claim a refund of VAT paid in an EU member state
- Accounting for VAT on services between the UK and EU member states from 1 January 2021
- Goods moved between Great Britain and the EU from 1 January 2021
- How VAT will apply to goods moving between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Tell HMRC if you sell goods in Northern Ireland or move goods between Northern Ireland and the EU from 1 January 2021
- Moving excise goods as freight under the Northern Ireland Protocol from 1 January 2021
- Trading and moving goods in and out of Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021